So, hi everybody! We've had a good week. We had a great visit with my aunt last week. She ended up leaving on Saturday; I had a great afternoon getting my hair done (been looking forward to that appointment for weeks!) and Saturday night we went out to dinner and sat outside at Village Draft House. The boys did really well and Henry only started to fuss at the end of dinner. The weather was perfect and it was so nice to sit outside and just relax! On Sunday, Tripp & Susie brought dinner over and they got to see the boys for a bit. And on Monday, my aunt Marilyn flew in and she'll be here until Friday afternoon. It's so nice to have all this wonderful help!
As you may know, I had a birthday this week. A big birthday, as it were (the big 3-5!) My aunt and dad were kind enough to give me the gift of a night out with John. :-) We had a great time going to Vivace and to a movie at North Hills last night. The meal was amazing, of course, and I have to share what we had for dinner, lol.
- Beverages - Mojito Italiano for John, made with house made limecello, and Cello Punzone for me, which was lemoncello, triple sec, cranberry juice and a few other yummy things...
- Appetizer - House made potato gnocchi with mushrooms, bacon, arugula and shaved parmesan...
- Entree - Pan seared cod with roasted fingerling potatoes and asparagus in a garlic cream sauce... (John had chicken fra diavalo with rapini and cheese polenta)
- Dessert - Warm bittersweet chocolate cake with strawberry sauce and mascarpone, with a cup of coffee...
In addition to a fabulous night, I got some stellar gifts (you know, other than my children). :-D John did gooooood! He got me diamond earrings I'd been eying that are a small diamond surrounded by smaller diamonds, so they look like small flowers. They're super sparkly and I'm planning to wear them every day for the next 20 years, so you will all get to see them at some point, lol. And yes baby, you are officially off the hook as far as gifts go for the next many holidays. ;-) My dad got me a fantastic tripod (awesome Manfrotto sticks and an Induro ball head with level!) and as you saw in the previous post, a Flip Video camera that is more for the family and the rest of us than just me. :-)
Alright, time for dinner. I will leave you with a few pictures from the last week!
4 comments:
Several things to say here...
1. Happy Birthday!!!! I wouldn't call 35 a big one... but then again, i'm close but not quite there yet!
2. I'm totally drooling over what you guys had for dinner. I think it's time for a sitter and a date night for us.
3. Speaking of date night... HOLY CRAP girl, you have some ROCKIN' family! I swear we didn't have a date night til Nate was close to a year old. Sad but true.
4. Hooray for awesome bday presents!!!! Can't wait to see more vids! And I'm intrigued by your ball head on your tripod. Lemme know what you think!!!
5. Your hubby rocks!!! Speaking of rocks, I can't wait to see yours! You totally deserved them, especially after carrying those 2 beautiful babies for the last 8 months!
6. YAY! Finally a pic of momma with the babies! And next time i come and visit (and leave my camera at home, of course) I'll have to remember to snap some of you on your camera. :-)
7. Did I write enough of a book?!?! See you soon!!! And I'm SO glad you had a great birthday and lots of awesome visitors!
So glad to hear you had a great birthday!!! We saw the Hangover this past weekend - and we concur. HI-LARIOUS!!! Everyone should see it. :o)
And it's not a Fox movie, so I'm not biased in any way, shape or form. :o)
I agree with Erin here -- yay! a pic of mommy & the boys. You were the only one we hadn't seen yet. Sneaky! Happy bday again. I'm glad you got all those cool camera gadgets & the vid camera so we can stay up to date with the Geddie boys! :-)
Yes, hangover is HILARIOUS. Best comedy I've seen a very long time! So glad you and John got some time our for yourselves, especially on your birthday! And it is so good to see a picture of you and boys. You all look cute together. I hope there are more to come!
Post a Comment