Things are tentatively looking good. Yesterday, I had my regular check-up with Dr. Welch, where I measured 42cm (ie, equivalent to someone 42 weeks pregnant with one baby, ie, 2 weeks overdue!). This morning, I had my monthly ultrasound with the perinatologist. Baby A measured in at 4lbs 8oz, and Baby B measured 5lbs 8oz, which is apparently an 18% difference. SO, this is below Dr. Welch's 20% cause for concern level, however, he is going to call me when he gets the report and we'll see how he feels about everything. I won't be going back for another ultrasound unless Dr. Welch wants to check out something else or just get another look before they get here. So, so far so good. I have another appointment with him next Tuesday, but I'm expecting to hear from him this week, so I will keep everyone posted!
So, I am off to a good week. This has been my first week officially working from home. Laura has been great and I've been able to bring work home and sit on the sofa with the laptop and get stuff done. I stopped by the office yesterday to clean out my inbox and to drop off some stuff, so that was good. I have a whole new pile of work that should definitely get me through the end of this week.
In other news, we have spent a wad at the vet this week. On Sunday, Max's allergies broke out something terrible, so he saw the vet yesterday and got steroids, antibiotics and more ear stuff. The hair loss and open sores around his eyes make him look so, so sad! Today is Gunner's turn at the vet. Our prior attempts at curtailing the alleged UTI didn't work so well. The vet suggested either yet another sterile urine sample and sending it off to the lab to try to grow a culture, or, an ultrasound to check his prostate and bladder (which he's having done today). With intact male dogs, the changes of prostate problems increases dramatically, and she thinks that very well could be the problem. If it is, the treatment is neutering and 8 weeks of antibiotics.... Let's hope for Gunner's sake (and our wallet's) that he checks out okay today!
2 comments:
Carrie, baby B already weighs more than Leo did at birth. It sounds like things are going really well for you.
So glad things are still looking good. Keep those babies growing as long as possible!
Hope things went good at the vet.
Post a Comment