I had my 35 week appointment with Dr. Welch today and have the latest update for everyone. I grew a whopping 2cm this past week and my belly is now 44cm! He also did the Group B strep test and a cervical check. Um, how come no one mentioned to me how painful that was going to be??? Oh sure, I'm laughing now, but I wasn't a few hours ago... Let me just say, I am very glad to be having a c-section if that was just a check of everything going on downstairs, lol. The check showed that I am not dilated at all and am 50% effaced - so basically, nothing is going on. Good news for me since it's my plan to make it to my scheduled date. I also asked him about the ultrasound results from last week. He said that if there had been a problem with the results, I would have had the babies by now. Because they're growing at the same rate, he is fine with how they look. So that was more good news!
Only one more appointment with him next Monday morning before the scheduled c-section. I'm afraid he's going to do another cervical check, but maybe I can contain my pain if I'm prepared in advance..... Not a fun thing to look forward to, but I'm sure that's nothing compared to how "fun" the c-section is going to be. As Bethany pointed out, there are only two ways for the babies to get out and neither are enjoyable, lol. Anyway, t'weeks to go! Woo hoo!
4 comments:
OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Do you and John have a "texting" list so you can send out pictures, announcements, etc without having to spend time that day figuring out who needs to be notified? And if so, and I'm not on that list, you guys will have some serious 'splainin to do! :o)
I'm sorry! Did I not mention somewhere how uncomfortable the cervical checks were? The funny thing is when you are in labor, they get easier as time goes by because the cervix drops further down and they don't have to reach so far up.
You sound like you are in good spirits and doing really good. Hang in there!
yeah i need to be on that texting list too. I did this when my nephew was born from the night before so I could be ready to go (I just made a "group" in my phone and the pics to the group). plus i was ready on the facebook status update from my phone too :-)
Created the text list last night. Now, just have to figure out how to get a picture from John's phone to mine, so it can be a picture message, too. ;-) (my phone is archaic and doesn't have a camera!)
Post a Comment