Monday, April 20, 2009

OB update

Just wanted to share the latest update from my ob/gyn appt this afternoon. I am currently 32 weeks (33 weeks on Thursday). Today, my doctor reviewed the ultrasound from 1 1/2 weeks ago and tweeked some of what the perinatologist said, so I thought I'd share. As we know, as of the last ultrasound (at 31 weeks), the boys were 17% different in size. While the perinatologist said that 20-25% difference was normal, Dr. Welch looks at it differently. For him, if the boys get to 20% difference in size, that's where he has cause for concern. So, what we'll do is continue to watch them and see how they progress. I have another ultrasound appointment on May 6 (at 35 weeks) and we'll see how they look at that point. Hopefully we'll still be okay, but worst case scenario is if they continue to be too different in size, we will end up delivering early. As usual, I'm going to think positively, but just wanted to give everyone the heads up. So, stay tuned... we'll know more on May 6th!

3 comments:

Denise said...

I was curious about what your peri said because ours quoted the 20% difference as the cutoff. Hopefully they'll stay under that and you can keep going full steam ahead!

Carrie said...

Yeah. According to my ob, the peri "doesn't deliver babies" and so he's not as concerned about certain factors as my ob is. Thanks for telling me this now! lol

jularun7 said...

Sending good vibes your way Carrie. :)