On Saturday, John and I got up early to feed the boys and then decided to go feed ourselves. We went out for a quick breakfast at Grits Grill, whereupon Henry managed to spit up in his car seat as I was carrying him to the table. I knew this because I felt something warm on my foot - turns out, the spit up dripped through the holes in the bottom of the car seat! Nice job H!
We came back to our room and Sandra and Charlene (who were vacationing at the beach) came over to watch the boys while we were at the wedding. I cannot tell you how wonderful this was! They were both so excited to see the boys and it was so great to have them come to us to watch them. The boys were likewise super excited to see their Grannie and aunt Charlene. :-)
The wedding was really nice. With the boys being taken care of, I was able to take some pictures of Shannon and Taylor as they were getting ready. Then, we all went down to the beach for the ceremony. The preacher did a great job and it was a really nice ceremony. The weather was gorgeous and Shannon looked great - she was grinning the entire time. After the ceremony, we took some more pictures and chatted with some of the other family who made the trip down. Then later, John, my aunt and I had lunch at Pirate's Cove before we headed back to Raleigh.
Our big splurge this weekend was new sunglasses for both me and John. I'd been wanting him to get some for a long time now and I have wanted a new pair since last fall. We both got Costas and are THRILLED. This is my 3rd pair of nice sunglasses in 10 years and they are by far the best optics I've ever had. Simply fantastic! Doubt I'll ever have anything else! :-)
Enjoy a few pics from the weekend!
p.s. Looks like another boy will be added to the family soon - John's niece Danielle is due today and her contractions have started! Yay! :-)
John & Matt chillin' at the Comfort Inn
Abby & the family wedding portrait
2 comments:
sounds like it was such a successful trip! i am glad everything went as well as it did.
can't wait to see your new sunglasses. they sounds hawt ;)
enjoy those sunglasses until little hands rip them from your face and spread them beyond recognition!-sarah
Post a Comment