- We got iPhones! Wow, I am addicted. Text messaging is better, email is working fine, iPod feature, photos, camera, video recorder, maps/GPS, weather including doppler radar, Facebook, Twitter, Google everything, sports scores, and solitaire. Oh, and it's a phone, too. ;-)
- On Monday, we toured a day care that we actually liked. It's called Primary Beginnings and it's a 5 star day care (the highest level). It was clean but didn't smell like antisceptic, the teachers and director were nice, the rooms were large, the toys were clean, the cribs were nice, and there was a good racial mix of kids. And the price is exactly what we expected to pay, they will have availability for our 2 guys as of September 8, and it didn't cost anything to get on the wait list. Sooo, I can still change my mind and stay home, lol. Um, yeah, no conclusive decision about that yet.
- Sandra came on Wednesday night and stayed until Saturday night. She got to see the boys and she and Charlene also babysat for us on Saturday night! John and I went to Jibarra (warning: music), where I've been wanting to go for a while. The margaritas were AMAZING and the food was good. We may not rush to go back though, I think we still like Dos Taquitos better.
- On Thursday, I stepped outside my comfort zone and went to a TMOTT meeting. What's TMOTT? Triangle Mothers of Twins and Triplets. Seriously. They had their monthly meeting to discuss their upcoming clothing and equipment sale (looks insane!), and I even went to the outreach meeting before the general meeting. There were 17 people at the outreach meeting, mostly pregnant women and a few with babies a year old or less, all of who are new to the organization. Oh, and three of the women were pregnant with triplets! That'll make a girl feel better, lol. Anyway, some of the girls seemed really nice and there was something really wonderful about being in a room with a bunch of people that knew EXACTLY what it was like...
- Speaking of consignment sales, on Friday morning I went to the Kids Exchange - another huge consignment sale here in Raleigh. It filled the largest of the buildings at the state fairgrounds and the line to get in moved slowly and was about a mile long. I headed straight for strollers (didn't find anything) and then hit the section with the BabyBjorns. I ended up finding 2 basic black ones for $30 total! Came home, washed them and presto! Instant wearable babies! The clothing racks were nuts, so I really tried to avoid them since I needed to get home. I still have a list of things I'd like to get, but I'm hoping the TMOTT C&E sale will be nicer and have everything else I'm looking for.
- On Friday, I also met Layla & Chrystie for lunch at Chubby's Tacos, our new favorite place for cheap mexican. It was SO nice to have lunch with the girls and catch up!
- Today, John and I took the boys to Tripp and Susie's house to see Tripp's parents. It was nice to see them and just hang out with T & S for a few hours. We're so excited for them and can't wait for their boy to be here in just a few months. :-)
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Happy 2 months old, boys!
Hi! Let's see, what has been going on this past week?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
TWO MONTHS!!!! I cannot believe it. Sounds like you had a great week Carrie. Miss you!
Also, welcome to the iPhone club. <3
Post a Comment