If I haven't returned your email or phone call lately, thought I'd tell you why. It's been quite a week here.
Last Thursday, before Easter, Henry had a 103 fever. Took him to the doctor and he didn't have strep, but a horrible, pussy sore throat. Two days later, he had an ear infection. Luckily the antibiotics kicked in so we had a decent Easter Sunday.
We had a crazy water situation at our house two weeks ago. All the water pressure on our street was gone, and it took the city 2 days to find the break in the main. Good news for us, the first guy that told us we had a leak was wrong. Bad news, we got a $400 water bill. Good news, the Superintendent is allegedly fixing our bill. Bad news, haven't had a chance to call her and say thank you.
So, we had a good week, except all week I had a sore throat. On Wednesday, I had an awesome photo session. On Thursday, I woke up with pinkeye. On Saturday, we went out to eat. John worked on computer issues all weekend. And on Sunday, a few things happened.
Sunday, my eye was feeling worse, not better. Matt had a 104 temp when he woke up from his nap. And Sunday night after baths & bed, I got the chills. BAD. Horrible, horrible chills. Could not get warm and don't remember the last time I felt that bad. Took my temp and even with motrin, I was 101.5. I knew I'd ran myself ragged over the weekend, but geez. Anyway, also on Sunday, Gunner finally opened up the pad on his left elbow, exposing the bone. It became pussy and infected, and truly disgusting. As a side note, the dog has to wear an e-collar to stop licking. Yet he gets hot spots under his chin from the collar, and still manages to open up the bone of his elbow? What is the point again?? I am beyond done with the dog - at this point just waiting for the dog to be done....
Anyway, Sunday night was horrible for me. I felt AWFUL. Monday was "let's see how many doctor's appointments we can have when mama feels horrible."
So, we started with Matt. Took him to Dr. Shaw at 11. She was wonderful, and looked in my ears (they hurt too) and my throat and we surmised I had what the boys had. Matt was also negative for strep, so we thought I probably am too. Can expect to feel bad all week, she said she'd use my time to go to the eye doctor and not back to the Minute Clinic. Also suggested 800 mg of ibuprofen 3x a day, which I have been happy to do.
Next up was an appointment at the vet. I actually napped alllll afternoon, and my dad took the dog to the vet at 2:40. Turns out, he's lost another 6-8 lbs since March. Waaa? He's down to 69 lbs. This from a dog that was 95 in his youth. I didn't think his eating was that poor, but apparently it is. So yeah, more antibiotics and wraps for his exposed bone. Y'all, I can't begin to describe how disgusting it is. The SMELL. Anyway, she thinks maybe there's a mass or something going on inside, but I am not inclined to go digging for something at this point.
Then at 4pm, I had an appointment with my eye doctor. So glad I went. I have viral pinkeye, with bacterial on top! Oh yeah! Nasty case. He gave me a different antibiotic and I'm happy to report that my eye is already much better today. I have a return check-up on Friday.
Last night was another awful night of chills and being freezing, then hot, sinuses dripping, sore throat and just general feeling like crap-ola. Hoping tomorrow is better. Matt still has a fever today, but he's a trooper. More doctor's appointments this week, photo session on Saturday (hopefully), and Mother's Day on Sunday.
We're hoping to plan a week at the beach at the end of the month. Think I should go ahead and book something because at this point, I could really use something to look forward to. Hope everyone else is doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment