Friday, October 22, 2010

NC State Fair

On Wednesday, we went to the NC State Fair with Erin and her family.  It was military appreciation night and they were kind enough to let us tag along with them. :-)  We got there after the boys' afternoon nap, ate our way through the midway, saw the animals, and ate on our way out.  Here's what the four of us shared:

  • corn dog
  • sweet potato fries
  • italian sausage with green peppers & onions
  • ribbon fries
  • corn on the cob
  • bite of a turkey leg
  • deep fried snickers bar
  • cheesecake dipped in chocolate on a stick
I'm stuffed even thinking about it, but it was all fantastic.  :-)

Here we are as our very own side-show attraction ("Hey, look!  Twins!") 
 Matt is doubtful this is going to be fun.

 The famous fried snickers bar in all it's powdered sugar glory.  People, BEST THING I EVER ATE.
John is loving the snickers as well.  (p.s.  Don't you love that my photo is out of focus?  High quality photography right here!)
 Look, ma!
Cows!

 Now that's a watermelon...

 
The donkeys were cute!
 This next photo is post-cheesecake:

See ya next year!

1 comment:

Erin said...

SO fun!!!! We had a great time with you guys!!!! I love that you have evidence that your boys were there. I have a pic of nate eating a corn dog, and near a monster truck and poor forgotten second child was not in one pic. sigh. I'm still working off that cheesecake on a stick. That was SO good! :-)