Friday, December 5, 2008

Quiet no more

Wow, so where do I begin, lol. Luckily, most everyone reading this already knows everything that's been going on lately. But just in case you haven't heard...

I'M PREGNANT!!! And are you sitting down?? WITH TWINS!!! :-D

So yeah, to say we're excited is a bit of an understatement. After a trying to get pregnant for a while, we were rewarded with a "two-fer." Again, most of you know my mom was a twin and her aunts were twins, so it definitely runs in the family. When I was little, she used to joke that it skips a generation and that maybe I'd get lucky. Well whatdyaknow?? I am currently 13 weeks and F-A-T-fat (see below). Also, I don't have any ultrasound pictures scanned, but trust me, they're cute kids already. ;-) We've seen the little peaches (that's how big they are right now apparently) on the u/s and heard and seen their heartbeats, it's pretty freakin' amazing. I'm due June 11, 2009, but with twins, full-term is considered 38 weeks, which puts my due date at May 28th. So I think it will be sometime between the middle and end of May. All I know is that I'm going to be HUGE...

So, as if that weren't enough, the knowledge that were going to become an instant family of 4 has thrown a wrench into my employment plans. I started a new job with the NC DOJ (um, I'm sure you all remember that saga...) at the beginning of October. The job is good, but the timing was just off. I can't see late nights and working on weekends - and the stress of trying to get all that work done as soon as possible - as something I want to be living through while I'm trying to have a healthy, low-stress pregnancy (let alone after they're here). Since with twins you get bigger faster and are technically high-risk, it just didn't seem worth it. So, with much soul searching and contemplation and stressing out, I decided to leave my new job after only 2 months. And today was my last day. :-) It feels good!

I have several law-related projects to work on next week, and I have a few irons in the fire, as they say. Specifically, I'm hoping to go back to work for Laura in some capacity. She is very flexible and it's definitely a low-stress job. So, we'll see. Until then, maybe I can finally get some Christmasfication going on in my house and get some presents bought! Lots to do before the holidays!

So, John and I and our families will be having a very merry Christmas this year. I hope you do too! And, now that the stressful job is over, I promise to try to get back to posting on this blog more regularly. Oh, just wait 'til the babies are here! You guys are going to be sick of it... ;-)

13w 1d, and not sucking it in...

4 comments:

Shelly Morris said...

OMG!!! What wonderful news! I am soooooo excited for you! You will love motherhood...it is so amazing. I really had no idea. You have to do a better job at keeping in touch.

Lu said...

YAY!!! The news is out! I was waiting for the belly pics to start making an appearance!! Congrats! I love you guys.

Lisa Halbert said...

You look fantastic and not fat at all :-P Yay for the baby(s) belly!!!

Bethany said...

you're WHAT?! j/k ;-)