So, after two days back at the Industrial Commission, I can safely say it feels like I never left. Same desk, same phone number, same email, same everything (except a new computer - yay!) Laura and I are back in to our old routine and everyone has come by to say 1) they're happy to have me back and 2) congrats on the babies! Now that I'm here, the more I'm convinced that the DOJ was just the wrong time. This job is so much less stressful, no traveling, and I know what I'm doing. Definitely the better place to be pregnant!
Other than that, I've been pretty tired lately. Of course, maybe that has something to do with being back at work and not getting to take a nap every day after lunch (last week was sooo nice). I have no idea if my morning sickness has gone away yet b/c I'm still taking my meds, but think I will try to go off them around 16 weeks (Christmas). I know with twins your hormones are higher, so morning sickness can last longer (ie, 14-16 weeks). No need to chance it before then, especially after what happened the last time I tried to go off them (getting sick after Thanksgiving).
Also, thank heaven for Old Navy and the Gap maternity departments online. I have managed to get a few sweaters and t-shirts, and a few pair of pants. That, combined with the loaner clothes from friends, and I finally have some things to wear! So nice. :-)
Since I had last week off, I'll be working next week and all through the holidays, except for what the State give us off (12/24-12/26). John and I are really bah hum bug this year as far as Christmas goes. We decided not to get a tree (it just seemed like sooo much work!), but I did decorate the mantle and living room, and we got a wreath for the front door. And so far, we haven't gotten each other anything for Christmas. Nada! Really, it's going to be a tad bit depressing if we have nothing to open on Christmas morning, lol. I need to find something to get John, but what do you get for the guy who doesn't need anything?? Suggestions appreciated. :-)
Hope everyone is having a good week and is ready for the holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment