So, it's been a busy week. On Monday, my dad was sick, so I took the morning off. Thankfully he's feeling much better. On Tuesday, I had a dentist appointment; Wedensday, a meeting with the Lexis rep (that I had to set up, so had to make sure everyone was happy); today, an estimate on the damage to the trunk of my car ($750.00!); tomorrow another estimate, plus lunch with the girls; Saturday, a haircut and Tripp & Susie's house for dinner. Whew!
The good news is that I finally committed to taking a photography class! I'm going to take Basic Digital Photography at
Wake Tech. It's every Monday night for 8 weeks, starting on March 17th. The course description says:
The class covers the fundamentals
of digital camera operation, including how to use the
camera’s manual settings, exposure techniques, and
the use of light meters, filters, and flashes. Capture
the images you envision through a combination of
classroom study and field trips.
Of course, it's going to take a bit more than a continuing ed class to get me back up to speed, but hey, it's a place to start! So, hopefully it will be good and remind me of everything I learned in 10th grade photo class... ;-)
UPDATE: Just got a call that the photo class is already full! No! So now I have to wait for the summer classes, which start in May.... :-(
3 comments:
Wow... they had cameras when you were in 10th grade?!?
Sorry -- I couldn't resist. You know I love you! :o)
Funny...was I in photo with you??? Good ol' Mr. McIlwee...haven't thought of that forever!---sarah
There are tons of online tutorials that you can do that will give the same info as classes :-) Just need to experiment and practice!!
Post a Comment