We just got back from a week on Bald Head Island. Wow, what an awesome place. 2.5 hr drive from Raleigh to Southport, then a 20 minute ferry ride to the island. You get taken to your house by golf cart tram, where you pick up the golf cart you use to ride around the island all week. There's about 4 shops, a market, two places to get ice cream, two clubs (each with a few restaurants and a pool, one with a golf course), and two other places to eat (where you don't have to temporarily join a club). There's a harbor & boats, marsh and river views, dunes and east, south & west facing beaches. Truly a get-a-way. We were there to go to a friend's wedding the Saturday night before we left. So, so glad we decided to take the week and make a vacation out of it!
The 4th of July is a BIG deal on Bald Head, as you're about to see. Once I heard about the golf cart parade, I couldn't wait! We found a good spot on the parade route and just enjoyed all the candy being tossed our way and the floats! On with the floats!
 |
| The ladies of Hogwarts |
 |
| Apparently if all you have is a REALLY COOL golf cart, you don't need to decorate lol. |
 |
| Crowd favorite! |
 |
| Probably my favorite, I'm including two pics so you can check out all the details. :-) |
 |
| We got beads! Mama, are you sure this isn't Mardi Gras? |
 |
| Let's not forget about our friends to the north. |
 |
| Also another crowd favorite - this was AMAZING! |
 |
| Hogwarts #2 |
 |
| Marines, dropping and giving 20. |
 |
| This helicopter was INCREDIBLE! |
 |
| Real Housewives... of Bald Head Island, lol. |
 |
| Vineyard Vines |
2 comments:
Those are AWESOME!!!!! I had no idea bald head island was like that!! HOW FUN! I think I need to go there sometime soon. I'll be picking your brain on where to stay! :-)
holy crap! those are ridiculous! do they bust them out again for halloween or just for the fourth? :-)
Post a Comment