Thursday, June 16, 2011

Nags Head: Family

It's no surprise to anyone that every time we go to Nags Head, we have the best time.  Something about the three hour drive and crossing the last bridge over to the barrier island, I feel transported.  Growing up near the ocean, I knew at the time that I never really appreciated it.  But not living near it - it makes the trips that much sweeter.

And I really do love Nags Head.  Sure, it's kitschy, has mini golf and lots of cheese ball beach shops, but it also has history.  Vacationers used to take a 4 hour ferry ride from Elizabeth City, across the Albemarle sound, dropping them sound side.  Lots went from the sound to the ocean.... and people spent the entire summer.  Over the years it's grown, but those old cottages are still what we love the most.  It has Jockey's Ridge - the largest sand dune - and a host of really, really good restaurants.  Which, if you know me, is very important.  ;-)

So, without further ado, here's round one of our beach pics.  More artsy ones to follow.

Good morning!

Trucks, trucks trucks.  I love trucks!  Henry's favorite book, currently.





Bubbles!

The old cottage we rented.

Matt, sporting a very stylish hat, in Ben Franklin.



 


All together now.... AWWWWWWWWWW!


Hello, handsome husband.




CRAZY drunk lady in Tortuga's, who kept coming over to talk to my kids, in particular, Henry.  Um, lady?  We're trying to eat dinner.  Please GO AWAY.  lol


First kite. :-)







2 comments:

jularun7 said...

Love. Every. Single. One.
of course it looks like you had an amazing time ... :) so fun!!

Erin said...

I love them all!!! I was pining for a beach trip and now I'm obsessing. So glad you had a great time!!! Those boys are super adorable, as you know! :-D