Monday, December 27, 2010

The Big Snow

Yesterday, the day after Christmas, we had a HUGE snowfall.  Huge by North Carolina standards.  I'd say we got about 10 inches (using the scientific method of measuring against my boot in the middle of the yard).  I don't think in the last 9 years we've had a snowfall this big!  We had about 6" the week after I moved here in January 2002, but most of our snows are 2-3" and icy.  So, even though it was a pain and I haven't yet picked up the boys snow boots from the store, we had to take them outside for some photos!  


Matt LOVED the snow!  Eventually he just sat down on it and started playing with it (negligent mommy has no gloves for her kids yet, lol.)
 Cutest kids ever.
Oh yes, Daddy was throwing snowballs.  At least it got Henry to laugh and forget how cold and miserable he was.


 This kid is so cute sometimes I can hardly stand it.

 Our house looks amazing!

Here's a little apres ski of goldfish and water in the kitchen.  Please notice Matt's 'tude.  And Henry is getting a cold, so he needed daddy (yes, I took him out in the snow with a cold.  I know, but this was no ordinary snow!)

 

Again, check out his attitude.  He was something else yesterday!
Awwwww.....


4 comments:

Erin said...

How awesome is this snowfall! Great pics, Carrie! I have some mittens/gloves I can pass along to you, you know, only a day or two late! lol! BTW, I took both of my kids outside in the cold with colds. :-)

Lu said...

Love the pics! and those Geddie boys they sure are cute (I'll include John in that too) ;-)

Lisa Halbert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Halbert said...

Two things: 1) Jealous of all that snow!! Looks like the boys had fun!! 2) Your photography skill has grown so much in the last year - I am continually impressed with all your shoots and you should be VERY pleased with what you are producing!! Love all the pics and keep 'em coming! xoxo