So, what does a first word sound like? Yesterday morning, we were eating breakfast. Henry pointed at a piece of banana on his tray and said "ba-BA-ba!" with the right intonation. Folks, it sounded a lot like banana to me! And, I swear I heard him do it again this morning. Both boys say lots of consonants like "mama" and "dada" and all that, but this was the first time I could verify he was making an association (thanks to the pointing). So, was this his first word? lol
Also yesterday, Henry finally started having the confidence to pull him self to his feet everywhere. Matt has been doing this for a while now and while Henry is a great cruiser on his feet, he didn't get there on his own very often until yesterday. Lots of exciting stuff!
3 comments:
awesome!
That was definitely a word. Izzie kept saying "uh-oh" whenever something would drop and Dr. Stewart said that because she used it in the right context it counted as a word so that was her official first word.
Congrats! Soon you will realize what I did about this time... that every accomplishment is one step further in their quest to become totally independent of you. Kinda depressing.
Yeah I've been wondering this too... Ains definitely has 'things she says', but I wouldn't classify them as real words just yet lolol
Post a Comment