Hope everyone had a nice weekend. If you were in Raleigh, you know it rained alllllllll weekend. One of my least favorite things to do is hit the grocery store in the rain, but there was no way to avoid it this weekend and uh, clearly I wasn't going to go without food... ;-)
On Saturday, John and I took an all day birth class at Rex Hospital. We're not sure if we'll deliver there or not, but it was close by for the class and I wanted to check it out. The class started at 8:30am and went to 5pm.... man, what a looong day. The first part of the class was not so informative (I knew most of it already), but the second half was better. Glad to have gotten it all over with at once though - John and I both agreed if we'd done it over two days we might not have gone to the second half, lolol.
A few good things came of the class. I think I have pretty much decided to have a c-section. I could try for a vaginal delivery if at the end both boys are head down, but it just seems sorta risky to me. One girl in class told the story of friends with twins and the first was born vaginally, the second via c-section.... You've got to be kidding me! No way, Jose. Anyway, I've discussed it with my doctor and told him I don't want to be making a rash decision. I want the decision to be prudent, and he felt that it is. So anyway, I think we'll schedule that at my 30 week appointment for 38 or 39 weeks. And if I go into labor before then, then I would have one anyway. So, that's at least one decision down!
The other good thing about class is that I got the name of a nurse that would be able to come to our house at the beginning. The nurse who taught the class sung her praises, so I need to give her a call this week and see what kind of services she offers. I think having someone (especially at night, if possible!) would be really great and probably be worth every penny. However, this doesn't mean that we still don't need the help of our family and friends! So, y'all aren't off the hook. ;-)
On Sunday, we went to the aforementioned grocery store and Costco and then I finally convinced John to move the home office upstairs. It was a lot of work but we're all settled up there and it looks really nice! It's very warm and cozy up there. I can see being in the bonus room with the boys and John can be right there on the computer. Plus, it's also out of the way for him if he's trying to work from home. Anyway, very glad we got that done!
This should be a good week. Photo class tonight, dinner with Layla & Chrystie on Wednesday, hearings on Thursday, and my aunt comes to visit on Saturday! Can't wait! Hope everyone is having a great week!
2 comments:
I think the c-section is the way to go. I had one and it wasn't bad at all. The first couple days you will be sore, but you will be so elated, you will hardly notice...plus, the nurses and your husband will take great care of you. I never once had to change a meconium diaper! I was up and running in no time flat!
we love you carrie! glad to hear the c-section decision went well. cannot wait to meet your beautiful baby boys.
Post a Comment