Weeks 1 & 2 at the new job are over. They flew by. Week one, I met everyone, attended my first mediation, and a small group went out to lunch to welcome me (how nice! not the norm in State govt). This past week, 3 days were spent in Research Triangle Park at a workers' comp conference. Two late nights out there socializing afterwards, trying to get Layla to meet as many partners in the good firms as possible (she needs a new job). Then on Thursday, I left the house at 6:30am and drove to Charlotte for a 10am mediation. We didn't settle the case, but I think I did well! Anyway, didn't get home until 4:45pm and I CRASHED. Friday it was hard to stay motivated.
This weekend, we have done nothing, and it's been fantastic! I still need to book our flights to CA for Amy's wedding, organize my bills and do some laundry. But for now, I think I'll go watch SNL from last night. :-) Hope everyone is having a great October!
1 comment:
LOL b/c of course I am watching SNL now :-)
Post a Comment