We had a GREAT weekend in Topsail with Tripp & Susie. It was so relaxing there, I'm sure in part b/c it's the off season. We drove around a lot, which was fun and good since it was not really beach weather. John and I really liked the area - new fancy homes, older cottages, a crappy area (complete with trailers on stilts - you really haven't lived until you've seen that...) and a few shops and restaurants. It was nice b/c it doesn't appear to be as built up as the Outer Banks. Also, it's only 2.5 hours from Raleigh, as opposed to Nags Head and the rest of the Outer Banks which is 3+ hours. We'll definitely look forward to a return trip, hopefully on a weekend with good weather!

In other news, my UCLA Bruins are headed to the Final Four!!! YAYAY! I'm pulling for a UCLA v. UNC championship game (with UCLA beating Carolina, of course). Cross your fingers we make it to the championship, b/c I think the odds of actually winning the whole she-bang are steep - Carolina would be a formidable opponent (this is me, trying not to count my chickens...) At any rate, GO BRUINS!!!
2 comments:
Well, you might have a chance in the Final Four this year since you don't have to play the Gators... :o)
Post a Comment