Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ultrasound update

Today was my second big ultrasound. Not quite as big as the first, but the perinatologist wants me to have an ultrasound once every four weeks just to check on everybody. And everybody looked good!

The babies are both head down, but still somewhat transverse. So, the kicking I've been feeling really is kicking and not just pushing and shoving. ;-) Baby A is 1 lb 1 oz and Baby B is 1 lb 3 oz! Their growth is right on schedule and all the important stuff looked good. He also measured my cervix, which again, is normal and thus, is showing him no signs that I'm going in to labor anytime soon (yay!). So, like I said, everyone looks great. :-)

I did have a fun moment during the exam when I got light headed and felt like I was going to pass out. Dr. Deigan had me roll to my left side to take pressure off my aorta. I already knew about this, but this was the first time I experienced the whole uterus-with-two-babies-cutting-off-circulation-to-the-rest-of-my-body-thing. ;-) Anyway, I felt better about 10 seconds later as the blood rushed back to my head... lol

The only other pregnancy update is the foot and ankle swelling I started getting yesterday afternoon. I asked some friends to move my desk at work, so I can now keep my feet propped up on a chair and still work on the computer. Should help! Anyway, feeling great this week and super excited we had a good visit today.

Other noteworthy items - we got tickets to see Coldplay in August (optimistic we'll be able to leave the boys with a babysitter by then, lol) and I'm starting an intermediate photography class monday night with the rest of the photo girls! Yay!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

good work, boys!

Unknown said...

yea!!!! how exciting...I too remember that dizzy nausea feeling during Max's sound ("large for date") between that and the full bladder...please!-sarah